Sam Allardyce has been sacked by Everton – after a fiery meeting where he accused the club of hanging him out to dry and being run badly.
Former England boss Allardyce was summoned to meet owner Moshiri this morning and was told he is no longer wanted at Goodison Park.
Report revealed how Allardyce would be dumped this week despite leading them to a sixth place finish.
And the 63-year-old is understood to have given Moshiri both barrels when he was summoned to be axed in London this morning.
We understand Allardyce stuck to his guns and accused the owner and his Goodison Park board of failing to give him any backing during his six months in charge.He also criticised the way the club was being run and heated exchanges between the pair.
The was left fuming last night when Everton announced major restructuring at boardroom level without informing him and his staff.
Denise Barrett-Baxendale was appointed as the club’s new chief executive in a move Allardyce and his team had no knowledge of.
And in an ironic final twist of the knife, it was newly-appointed Barrett-Baxendale who released the statement confirming his fate.
She said: “On behalf of the Chairman, Board of Directors and Mr Moshiri, I’d like to thank Sam for the job he has done at Everton over the last seven months.
“Sam was brought in at a challenging time last season to provide us with some stability and we are grateful to him for doing that.
“However, we have made the decision that, as part of our longer-term plan, we will be appointing a new manager this summer and will be commencing this process immediately.
“Again, we’d like to place on record our sincere thanks to Sam for his work with us over the last few months and wish him well for the future.”
He said: “I’m shocked, disappointed and disgusted that the football club didn’t have the decency to tell me, my Director of Football and my staff about the changes.
“They must have been in the pipeline for a considerable time but no one thought to tell me and my staff. I’m pretty disgusted.
“I came into the football club with the team struggling and we have finished 8th in the table. I’m more than happy with what myself, my staff and the players have achieved from when I came in.
“I will be meeting Farhad on Wednesday morning to discuss what happens next but I’m not expecting a long meeting.”
Allardyce’s job is expected to go despite taking a team threatened with relegation and leading them to eighth in the Premier League.
The Toffees supporters have never taken to the former Bolton and West Ham boss and have been calling loudly for him to be sacked.His style of football is the reason behind their anger, with Everton fans believing the club should be playing a more attacking style.
Former Watford and Hull manager Marco Silva, Moshiri’s initial first choice when he sacked Ronald Koeman last year, is the man expected to come in and take charge.
Allardyce was presented with a special award at the LMA dinner in London for reaching 1,000 games in management.
He was joined on the table by several members of the Everton staff including assistants Craig Shakespeare, Sammy Lee, Director of Football Steve Walsh and legendary striker Duncan Ferguson.