Two Unilag Girls Die In Hotel Fire

The students reportedly died of burns, days after they were trapped in the hotel room where they were guests.

Roli Odogwu, a 200-Level Mass Communication student, and Linda Elegeonye, a 300-Level Law student of University of Lagos have died in a midnight fire at a Lagos hotel.

The students reportedly died of burns, days after they were trapped in the hotel room where they were guests.

Reports claims, they left the campus on Monday to attend an evening event off-campus, and could not return to the campus, they lodged in the hotel to pass the night.

The victims were asleep when the Fire started from a faulty air conditioner.
It was learnt that the victims were trapped for several minutes before they were rescued from the room.

They sustained first-degree burns. They were rushed to Gbagada General Hospital.
Last Saturday, Roli died at 4am and was buried at Atan Cemetery in Yaba. On Sunday, news broke that Linda, who had been in coma for six days, had also died.
The late Roli’s friend, who did not want to be named, said she spoke to her mother to inform her of her decision to pass the night in the hotel.

Also read: Yahoo-Boys Dupe Lagos Speaker the Sum of N9.2million

Comment